Getting Rid of "The Jitters:
- Pitchers - Tell them to pretend that the catcher is their parent, hear their parent’s calming voice.
- Batters and Fielders - Turn the negative into positive by saying "I'm excited" instead of "I'm failing".
Instructions and Drills
- Practicing at home builds a better player !!
- Little League Baseball Backyard Tips.
- Dick's Sporting Goods Baseball Tips:
- Orioles Suggestions:
- See the Coaches Corner page for "How To" videos for pitcher, catcher, throwing, catching, fielding, batting, stealing, and sliding.
Being Positive for Your Players
- Little League's Code of Conduct for Parents and Coaches.
- "I Love to Watch You Play" - The 6 words all kids want to hear from their parents.
- Little League Tips for Parents.
- Parent's Survival Guide.
- Positive Coaching:
- Positive Coaching Alliance
- On-line Courses for Coaches, Parents and Players:
- Double-Goal Coach - Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons
- Double-Goal Coach - Culture, Practices and Games
- Double-Goal Coach - Developing the Triple-Impact Competitor
- Second Goal Parent – Developing Winners in Life through Sports
- Triple Impact Competitor – A Leadership Workshop for Athletes.